Every year you’ve doled out the same:
- digital (still don’t get it)
- and TV (the big kahuna campaign centrepiece)
This has been the safe, certain, sure route for years. Your competitors have also been doing it year in, year out without fail, so it must be the right thing to do, right?
Wanna be a trendsetter? Wanna get noticed, stand out and do something different?
Bin the big dollar TV spend and pump it into online video instead.
- your 30 second spots will last a whole lot longer
- it’s much cheaper
- you’ll get more bang for your buck
- there’s more room to experiment because the stakes are now much lower
- if your strategy and content is good, you’ll have the same or greater reach anyway
- the price of failure is way, way lower
- you may go viral and exceed all expectations
- it will be much easier to track its effectiveness
- You’re going to have to be a non-conformist and lead by example. Are you brave?
Your competitors will reel in horror at first, within a year or two they’ll be following your lead. If you’re scared you may want to break it down into baby steps, sacrifice a few spots to fund something small and experimental to begin with and once you’ve got a few runs on the board and clocked up a few thousand video views you’ll find it easier to silence your detractors and win their support.